13’s Thundersticks Academy Program 2020
Age eligibility: Athletes born 2007
72 boys / 72 girls (field players)
8 boys / 8 girls (goalkeepers)
How do I get selected into the 13’s Academy?
- Athletes selected in the 2019 U12 Schoolsport team will receive automatic entry invitations
- The remaining places will be selected from a Academy Draft Camp conducted on Sunday 2nd February
What happens at the draft camp?
Athletes will play a series of micro games, undergo skill assessment activities and be involved in group activities looking at the ability to contribute to group dynamics and problem solve.
Program Cost: $499 incl GST
- HWA Academy Head Coach / 13’s Academy Lead Coach
- 7 x Support Coaches
- 1 x Goalkeeping Coach
To apply for a coaching role within the HWA Academy Programs, please click here.
Uniforms: Athletes will receive a training shirt as part of the program levy, extra training shirts and Academy jumpers are available to order as optional uniform items.
- Sunday 15th March, 11:00-1:00pm @ PHS
- Sunday 29th March, 7:00-9:00am @ PHS
- Sunday 3rd May, 7:00-9:00am @ PHS
- Sunday 21st June, 7:00-9:00am @ PHS Trial Preparation
- Sunday 28th June, 7:00-9:00am @ PHS Trial Preparation
- Athlete journey – Aran Zalewski
- (Date and Time TBA pending National commitments)
Parent workshops: (Dean Evans – HWA GM Talent Development)
- Athlete management and expectations.
- 15th March, 11:00-12:00Noon @ Eastman Room PHS
Camps: (Gameplay, video analysis, testing and feedback sessions)
- Saturday 24th October, 3:00-7:00pm @ PHS
- Sunday 25th October, 7:00-11:00am @ PHS
- Sunday 1st November, 8:00am-11:00am @ PHS
Program contact: firstname.lastname@example.org