Hockey WA Rules
Resources & Tools
Umpiring the Game
To make the whole experience of umpiring enjoyable for all concerned there are a number of things an umpire can work on.
- Providing a safe playing environment.
- Setting the tone for the game.
- Communicating well with co umpire, players and coaches.
- Maintaining a reasonable level of fitness.
- Keeping up with the current rules and interpretations of the rules.
- Applying the rules in the correct manner utilizing all of the above to help.
Below you will find links to documents on rule interpretations, effective communication, positioning and signaling.
How to Umpire Booklet
Click HERE for a booklet about how to umpire.
Click HERE to link to a diagram showing umpire positioning for the game
Setting The Tone
Click HERE to read a document about how an umpire can create a better game environment.